Transport Manager CPC
A requirement for the granting of a standard ‘O’ Licence for freight operations is that the licence holder either holds, or has access to the services of someone who holds a Certificate of Professional Competence. Current legislation imposes restrictions on the number of operator licences and vehicles on which an external associate CPC holder can be named.
The CPC is a qualification issued on behalf of all E national transport departments (DfT) in the UK.
Please note the date that the Initial CPC card expires for VES. Failure to complete 35 hours refresher training before your drivers cards expire, will result in them being unable to drive commercially.
Essex Drivers is an Awarding Organisation for the CPC and offers the various courses throughout the year.
Who is the qualification for?
Everyone involved in road transport who operates vehicles for hire and reward must demonstrate evidence of professional competence.
The qualification is for individuals who:
- Are Transport Managers or are aspiring to this role who will have responsibility for the holding of an organisation’s Operator’s Licence, or
- Demonstrate their professional competence to meet Operator Licensing requirements (Holding a CPC is on of the elements an applicant must satisfy for the Transport Commissioner to grant an ‘O’ License).
Why choose the Transport Manager CPC?
- The CILT(UK) TM CPC has been developed by the industry for the industry using our specialist knowledge on the subject.
- We will provide you with experienced and qualified trainers who will take you through each step of this industry recognised qualification.
- As part of the fee we include Learner Affiliate membership of CILT for the duration of the course.